The system as it currently is, most people would agree is flawed. Many people suffer in this system while many people are held back when they could learn more. The "no child left behind" strategy has helped others less fortunate. But at the same time doesn't let the brightest progress as fast as they would like and some would say need to, to compete with other nations. I'm not saying you should study crazy all the time like other countries but we as Americans do the bare minimum necessary to get by and get it done so we can play and do things we like. I know I do. If somehow we could implement a system that changes that culture and makes us strive for excellence while still promoting the creativity that Americans are known for it would be ideal. We don't want to create a bunch of math and science robots that can memorize entire books but can't think for themselves. I don't know what I would change, but I would encourage rewarding actual skill over just getting little things done. It wouldn't be a very politically correct system but I think it would have the most gains intellectually. Rewarding people for actually doing a good job, make school a competition. Don't publically embarrass those who lose but make it known who wins. And reward them accordingly. We pass mediocrity off as excellence, especially in high school. It is so ridiculously easy to skate by, that's why I'm having a tough time in college, what is studying? It's a new concept that I've never had to do. What is this? Actual learning? Nonsense, I'll just get in good with my teacher and get an "A".
No comments:
Post a Comment