Driving my girlfriend back to her house after Frisbee was a typical Sunday afternoon thing. It had been a great day of worshipping and then throwing the disc around. She lived far away so it was always a nice time to talk and recap the week. Taking country roads and exploring paths that just had gravel at my whim. We listened to Black Eyed Peas and then I see a big Toyota 4runner inch forward. She couldn’t be coming could she? She was at a two way stop and I was coming down the normal road. Sure enough the 4runner irks forward and I slam on the brakes are hard as I can. I hear my brake pads screeching instantly when they come in contact with the tires but it's no use and my tiny Toyota Corolla slams head first into her passenger side back right tire causing her massive 4runner to pop up and roll over my hood instantly crushing my engine and making the passenger door impossible to open. I look right and the car does another flip and a 180 degree turn while landing in a ditch. I make sure my girlfriend is ok then I run to her car. Glass is all over the ground because of the flip. I tread carefully but quickly to her and ask if she's all right. She's visibly shaken from the crash and I ask her some questions to make sure she's ok and tell her to turn her car off. She does this and we wait for the police and firemen to come to help her out.
Memories are made from experiences from memorable people and events. This experience stands out because I was carless for a few months. It was also traumatic to the lady in the 4runner.
Why would this happen to me? The odds would have to be perfect for this to happen.
Why do drivers get so distracted by insignificant things when they're piloting 3000 pound killing machines?
No comments:
Post a Comment