Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Change is Gonna Come

Change is the most inevitable thing in this universe. Everything changes, ages, personalities, lifestyles, hair, height, everything. I'm not a person of change really. I say that, but I thrive on change that I have control over. I moved in the middle of my freshman year to a new city with no friends or anyone that I knew under the age of 50. I don't like that kind of change. I like growing up, I enjoy the responsibilities that accompany that. It's interesting everyday nothing new really happens. You go to the same classes, hang out with the same friends, eat the same food. And yet each year is distinctly different then all others before it. I could tell you how I've grown in all different areas from last year and the year before that. But I couldn't do that about yesterday to today. Why does nothing happen or change from yesterday or a week later but a month or a year you could be a completely different person. I think it's because life happens fast. You get into a rut and then life throws you a curveball and you get wobbly knees and swing for the fences, but the balls already dropped. And that's when you grow. When you fail. You realize what you did wrong and don't do it again, you don't get tricked and don't make the same mistake again. I've grown immensely over the past year and especially the past two months. I went to Austria for five weeks for the last month of summer and it was by far the best five weeks of my life. I've never grown so much physically and spiritually in so little a time. I could talk about it for a long time but I've already way surpassed by 250 limit. Ask me about it sometime. But basically it was hiking and camping on the Swiss Alps.

No comments:

Post a Comment